Personality Development quintessentially means enhancing and grooming one’s outer and inner self to bring about a positive change to your life. Each individual has a distinct persona that can be developed, polished and refined. This process includes boosting one’s confidence, improving communication and language speaking abilities, widening ones scope of knowledge, developing certain hobbies or skills, learning fine etiquettes and manners, adding style and grace to the way one looks, talks and walks and overall imbibing oneself with positivity, liveliness and peace.
The whole process of this development takes place over a period of time. Even though there are many crash courses in personality development that are made available to people of all age groups, implementing this to your routine and bringing about a positive change in oneself takes a considerable amount of time. It is not necessary to join a personality development course; one can take a few tips and develop his or her own aura or charm.
- You may have heard this a million times “Think Positive”. It works.
- And smile some more. It adds to your face value and to your personality as well.
- Read a few articles in the newspaper loudly. This will help in communicating fluently.
- Follow table manners and dining etiquettes
- Take good care of your health, dress well, be neat and organized
- Prepare a chart that mentions your strengths and weaknesses. Now concentrate on the latter and find ways to improve upon the same. Do not forget to strengthen your strengths.
- Spend some time alone concentrating on you and yourself alone.
- Practice meditation and yoga. It will help you develop inner peace and harmony that will reflect outside.
- Do not live a monotonous life. Be creative and do something new all the time. Nothing bigger than the joy of creative satisfaction.
- Personality development is gaining more and more importance because it enables people to create a good impression about themselves on others it helps them to build and develop relationships, helps in your career growth and also helps to improve your financial needs.
After all, personality development is nothing but a tool that helps you realize your capabilities and your strengths making you a stronger, a happier and a cheerful person.
Importance of Personality Development
Personality development has many benefits that are the outcome of a strong personality development procedure. In fact, it is true that there are only benefits and no disadvantages to having personality development. The benefits can be states in categories, or if not categorically, then it can be stated in a concise manner to get a gist of the numerous advantages one gets out of a good personality development workshop, seminar, website or material of any kind. Benefits are plenty with development of personality. It brings with it, a lot of new, fresh approaches; it bring with it, a lot of scope for varied interests-which in turn leads to healthy brain-storming and discussions at work places, rather than politics that are un-pleasant and battles over difference of opinions. Good and effective Personality development, as mentioned in the former, transforms differences into discussions, quarrels into debates and fights into harmony. The below list will exhibit the benefits of personality development, at a glance, for simple and quick reading and comprehension.
Insight to Personality Development
We are born without a culture or knowledge of our surroundings. It is in the family which we are born in that gives us a unique and distinct identity. Socialization is the general process of acquiring culture. Our family, traditions lend us a social identity. When socializing we learn our language, customs and more. For instance, girls learn how to be daughters, sisters, friends, wives, and mothers. In addition, they learn about the occupational roles that their society has in store for them.
Socialization is important in the process of personality formation. Human personality is the result of our genes; however the socialization process can mold it in a particular direction that is desirable. By encouraging specific beliefs and attitudes as well as selectively providing experiences, socializing reaches its goal post. This makes all the difference between the common personality types in one society in comparison to another.
Successful socialization results in uniformity within a society. If all children receive the same socialization, it is likely that they will share the same beliefs and expectations. This has played an important role in stringing the fact that most national governments around the world try to standardize education and make it compulsory for all children. Deciding what things will be taught and how they are taught is a powerful political tool for controlling people. Those who internalize the norms of society are less likely to break the law or to want radical social changes. In all societies, however, there are individuals who do not conform to culturally defined standards of normalcy because they were abnormally socialized, which is to say that they have not internalized the norms of society.
Socialization is a learning process that begins shortly after birth. Early childhood is the period of the most intense and the most crucial socialization. It is then that we acquire the most important part of communication- our language and learn the fundamentals of our culture. It is also when much of our personality takes shape. However, we continue to be socialized throughout our lives. As we age, we enter new status and we need to learn and be in an appropriate place.
When you socialize with people, you gain abundant insight into the working of the world. You will be able to predict people’s mood, their nature after having socialized with them.
Socialized lets you adapt to a certain environment or crowd. It helps you to adjust and feel at ease.
Personality Development Training
- Soft Skill Training: Soft skills are referred to as those aspects in an individual’s personality that are related to his or her EQ (emotional intelligence), different from his/her IQ (intelligence quotient). Generally, these traits include communication skills, leadership skills, social skills, team building skills, negotiation and persuasion skills, time management and stress management ability, attitude towards work and life, motivation, creative thinking ability, people management skills, etc. Many people feel that you cannot impart training in soft skills. These are naturally in-built in an individual. However, enhancement of these skills is definitely possible through various training programs. A person who wants to excel in his/her organization ought to have great soft skills. Training in soft skills acts as a reinforcement tool that helps you to keep important tips in mind so that you can deal with business and organizational processes smoothly and achieve your goals.
Personality Development Skills:
- Public Speaking Skills
- Etiquettes and Grooming
- Job Interview Skills
- Creative Story Telling
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Life Skills